If you are interested in careers at Bishop Hamilton Montessori School, please contact Ms. Renette Sasouni, by forwarding your résumé to:
Bishop Hamilton Montessori School 2199 Regency Terrace Ottawa, Ontario K2C 1H2
Fax: 613 596-4971
Attention: Ms. Renette Sasouni, School Director
Position: Junior High Teacher Grades 7 and 8
Bishop Hamilton is seeking a teacher to join its Junior High team from January 2018 until June 2018 with the possibility of an extension. Our program is in its 25th year and offers quality academics alongside community building, social development and an extensive outdoor and experiential education program. The Montessori vision for adolescent studies guides our program as we meet the developmental needs of the adolescents we serve.
The ideal candidate is a trained teacher who has experience with adolescents, is knowledgeable about Montessori, and is passionate about creating an environment which meets their developmental needs. The candidate must be able to work well as part of a team delivering a quality program.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and implement lesson plans.
· Plan and participate in overnight trips and field trips.
· Manage and guide individual student behaviour.
· Communicate with parents and members of the educational team regarding student needs and progress as needed throughout the year.
· Maintain accurate records, including long and short term lesson plans, observations and student’s individual progress.
· Maintain open and regular communication with parents as required.
· Prepare required written student progress reports.
· Conduct formal parent interviews and other parent interviews at the request of the parents as required.
· Participate in school wide events and activities, contributing to the School Community and spirit.
· Attend department and staff meetings.
· Provide a caring and nurturing atmosphere in the classroom and throughout the whole school.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education • Bachelor’s degree in English, History or Geography preferred.
· Adolescent Montessori Trained is preferred.
The successful candidate must meet one of the above qualifications and have some experience in Physical Education.
Commensurate with experience
Position: Class Substitutes
BHMS is looking for:
- French Substitutes
- Montessori Substitutes
- Elementary Substitutes
- Assistant Substitutes
Candidates to work with children from ages 3 months to 12 years for occasional daytime work Monday to Friday. ECE certification and experience with children preferred, bilingualism would be an asset. Police check and first aid training required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit résumés including cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 613.596.4971 to the attention of the School Director: Ms. Renette Sasouni.