Junior High Marketplace - Experiential Education
Published on November 30, 2018
The tradition of Marketplace returns to BHMS. Financial literacy and an understanding of economic systems is an important part of the Junior High program. Each year students get a taste of entrepreneurship by:
- Creating a business
- Developing Business Plans & meeting with the School Director
- Acquiring and pricing their inventory
- Planning and decorating their shops
- Negotiating lease and loan agreements with the School Director & signing them
- Calculating & remitting taxes
Students experience a day in the life of an entrepreneur.
Following Marketplace day, students will:
- Submit completed Financial Statements
- File Income and Entertainment Tax forms
Students develop confidence, they bring what they have learned in mathematics to life, and they develop many important skills that they will need as adults.
Support local Canadian entrepreneurs!
Students keep a portion of their earnings while the rest is given to our sister school in Lesotho, thereby helping students to understand the importance of their responsibility to help others.
Support our Junior High student entrepreneurs at work!
- Friday, December 7th
- 10:00-5:00 p.m.
- In the BHMS Gym
- Cash only